Sport offers loyalty, entertainment, passion, and reaches out to all demographics, creating an environment with no boundaries.
The creation of a relationship between sport and a corporate brand should be beneficial to both parties.
Aligning with an athletic team, such as SeaWolves FC, is an excellent method of increasing brand awareness. Associating a product or service with a sport can reap huge benefits.
· A sport offers continuous advertising opportunities
· The fan base is a ready database to target
· Team fans are keenly loyal and extend that loyalty to the team sponsors
· Fans offer an extended network through friends and family
· Soccer is an international language, which is now developing an active and bandwagon following here in Washington. It’s a celebration of the best of humanity.
· Sponsor companies can also reinforce awareness among target markets by sponsoring additional soccer events and clinics
SOCCER IS REFERRED TO AS “THE WORLD’S GAME.” BUT WITH SPONSORSHIPS, WE MEAN BUSINESS!
USL PDL does not see sponsorship as an act of charity – rather as a corporate decision that must provide a positive return on investment. Sponsors enjoy a wide range of benefits, which can:
· Raise brand awareness and develop brand preference in the marketplace
· Create positive PR and raise awareness of your organization as a whole
· Provide attractive context for your products or services
· Provide events for promoting your good relations with clients
BRAND QUALITY AND CREDIBILITY: LOCALLY and GLOBALLY
At the highest levels, sport involves gold medals, world records, championship cups and global awareness. A leading brand can benefit greatly by associating with such excellence. Sponsoring an international athletic entity of USL PDL caliber adds value to a company’s brand proposition.
In nearly all sectors of all markets there is intense competition among companies and brands. Often there is little differential between products in terms of quality, content or price. To make a brand stand out from the crowd a sponsor can use sport to create a unique position in the mind of the consumer.
MEDIA & EXPOSURE
Typically sponsors wish to support activities that are enjoyable and memorable for audiences and participants, and provide occasions to build brand value.
Top of the list on most sponsor requirements is media coverage. Sporting events such as season openers, sponsored giveaway nights, community interaction, and playoff games, create opportunities for exciting and interesting newspaper photographs and television images showing sponsor logos on shirts or banners. Such exposure creates brand familiarity for consumers. When the logo stands out from competitors, that means increased sales from consumers who are looking to spend money.
Sponsors and their employees want to feel comfortable with a business partnership, expecially one this public. We know you want to feel confident about getting a good return on your investment. PDL Soccer believes that it acts as ambassadors for its sponsors’ brands, saying to the world, “This brand is all about being innovative, dependable, and full of vitality and life.”
Join your SeaWolves FC in 2011!
We look forward to working with you.